Mixed Media



5 comments
I have always had a thing for trees, and when I started the Mixed Media challenge at Blue Bazaar I knew I wanted my theme to be 'trees'. The first challenge was to use pens and markers, and the second was metal. Here is what I came up with...

I covered chipboard pieces with cardstock then layered them onto the backing board and drew a tree design using Staedtler Fineliner felt-tip pens in a fine cross-hatch pattern to create texture. For the leaves I used Staedtler fibre-tip markers then wet them with water to get a smudged effect. I placed several pieces on top of the glass for extra dimension and drew in the trees. I really like the 3d effect I ended up with.

For the metal challenge I used soldering wire to form the tree shape, then adhered metal leaf to the wire. I then wound silver and gold metallic threads around the wire to create texture and join the pieces together. The green leaf was made from a large sequin which I cut to shape and attched the word 'hope' to a Bella metal charm. It's a bit hard to see in the photo but the navy paper has a nice shimmer to it.
The next challenge is paint and the very generous ladies at Blue Bazaar are sending out a cool kit to play with to everyone who completed the first two challenges - so I can't wait to get started!

5 comments:

vita at: July 1, 2008 at 6:47 PM said...

These are lovely, Aga.

Deanne Stewart-Mills at: July 4, 2008 at 8:32 AM said...

fantastic work there Aga!!!!
Deanne
xx

Lauren at: July 4, 2008 at 4:53 PM said...

These look AMAZING!!

mel m. m. mccarthy at: July 17, 2008 at 6:06 PM said...

Your trees are stunning! I have a thing for trees too. I love how you layered the white blocks & your metal tree is a labor of love well worth your efforts. TOO lovely! :0)
P.S. I'm flattered to be on your blog roll. Thank You! I've added you to mine too. :0)

Wirg's Creative World at: July 21, 2008 at 2:32 PM said...

Oh wow, these are brilliant! So love how you 3d the first trees, love love love how it's done.
hug
Wirg/Virginia

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post