Mixed media...



2 comments
For some reason layouts just aren't happening for me at the moment... must be the weather ;) so instead I have focused on some mixed media.

Firstly for this month's challenge at Aussie Dares, where he theme is 'wet' and once again the team have come up with so many wonderful ideas and are really worth checking out!!
I began by applying layers of tissue paper onto a canvas panel which I soaked with a mixture of pva glue and water, then sandwiched in some chipboard clouds between several more layers. I used a paint brush to push the wet paper against the chipboard to get a more defined shape and while everything was still wet I applied watercolour paints which bled into each other creating a great effect - then used Twinkling H2O's to intensify the colour and add some shimmer. Once it had dried I added inks, rub-ons and crystals to embellish with.

and next up I had a great time creating my very piece for Blue Bazaar's Art Journal challenge.
I was going in a whole different direction with this at first but was listening to a Prince song and decided to change track... the lyrics that inspired me were "when 2 r in love falling leaves will appear to them like slow motion rain" which I've added to the page, and because it's Prince I had to have some purple LOL so I painted over the blue background I had started with and once dry I put the paper over a cuttlebug folder and sanded away some of the purple paint to reveal the original blues. I drew the branches on with a permanent marker and stuck on leaves cut from shinny silver paper that I added a few drops of LuminArte paint to.
So if you've ever wanted to try mixed media or art journals head on over and sign up now :)

Aga xx

2 comments:

Anonymous at: January 22, 2009 at 11:28 AM said...

This whole concept is stunningly beautiful Aga (just like you), Tiff :o)

Anonymous at: January 22, 2009 at 2:47 PM said...

Hi Aga,

I saw all your gorgeous creations in the Mag's, it's so wonderful to see them in print!Love the beginning your Art Journal too..
Reneexx

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post