Baskets...



1 comments
I thought it would be nice to get a few projects in before the Easter weekend, and decided that the ScrapzBiz 'basket' challenge would be a good place to start. I went with an Easter theme and made a little woven basket from strips of cardstock.
I pre-inked the edges of each strip before forming the basket and curved it a bit before attaching it in place for added dimension, then dressed it up with a handle made of twine, a cute little chick, a few embellished flowers and a printed sentiment stuck on a toothpick.
For the layout I scrapped about our traditional blessing of the basket on Easter Saturday.
The challenge was to use some non traditional scrapbook papers so I used a strip of paper doily layered over some tissue paper, and some more weaving - this time through the border strip.
Speaking of Easter, I have also been busy blowing out some eggs and have gathered a stack of twigs... can you guess what I'm making?

1 comments:

kathie at: April 27, 2011 at 7:45 PM said...

OMG, how darling is that card with the little fluffy yellow chick? We got Jamie a whole pack of them for Easter - I will have to go snaffle one :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post