the sky was all purple...



10 comments
I know it's been a long time between posts and my blog absense all started when a certain Prince came to town! 
source: npg records
I have been a HUGE Prince fan for over 20 years since I discovered his music back in high school and was more than excited to hear that he was coming back to Australia and as a result I spent most of May in a purple haze!
Prince has always had a reputation for putting on an awesome live show and OMG he sure delivered on the night and rocked the crowd with a string of his greatest hits that had the packed arena 'delirious' for over 3 hrs while Prince did his thing on his famous O(+> Symbol stage!
source: google images
It was awesome to hear Prince perform favourites like Raspberry Beret and 1999 and I loved that everyone went a little nuts when we heard the familiar opening "dearly beloved...." of Let's Go Crazy and the atmosphere was incredible with the whole crowd singing Ooh-hoo-hoo-hoo under a confetti filled sky of Purple Rain :)
source: google images
I think my favourites of the night were the When Doves Cry, Hot Thing & Sign 'O' The Times sampler where Prince funked things out on a synth disguised as a fabulous purple piano!
source: google images
and I have to say I've never danced, sang and screamed so much in my life....well not until the following week because can you believe that I WON 2 PURPLE RESERVE TICKETS for the final Sydney show thanks to the fabulous people over at Prince Welcome 2 Australia Tour where I had been hanging out along with over 10 thousand other purple minded people during the tour ;)
Prince was even more amazing the second time round and I have to admit that I totally lost it during his ''slow down'' version or Little Red Corvette (my favourite song of all) and teared up during the beautiful 'Sometimes it Snows in April' all before being treated to the most awesome encores after half the people had already left the arena because they thought it was over... the crowd that stayed behind packed tightly around the stage as our "Little Prince" shared even more of his amazing talent!

Here's a few pics I managed to sneak in during the shows...
 May 22
May 11
 May 11
and this was me in my Purple Rain tee ready to go to the first concert
I also won this awesome cd/dvd pack along with a tour poster

Sigh* I hope it's not another 10 year wait for Prince to come back again ♥

10 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek at: July 2, 2012 at 2:12 AM said...

that is soooooooooooooooooo AWESOME!!!!! wow!!! what a show!!!!!!!! loving the pics!!!

Edleen at: July 5, 2012 at 12:46 PM said...

Hi Aga! Woohoo....you look great :)
Fabulous layouts and glad to see you're still blogging.
I'm way behind too but I try to blog as often as I can...hehe

Happy July and stay Groovie!

Kinga at: July 12, 2012 at 7:49 AM said...

Love the blog! It was an awesome show. Thanks so much for taking me. Loved every second. xx

Luka Day at: July 16, 2012 at 3:06 PM said...

Hey Purple Agnus, this is my first time to your Blog. This is a bit like 'weird science' to me as I don't have a Blog. I am just finally at ease with Timeline on facebook...so I hope to one day do what you are doing. I love the Prince dedication you have created and it brings it all back to me, the tour and the hype. How do you find the time to scrap, blog and facebook?! Is this an easy setup you are on to do your Blogs? It looks neat. Love your work! Larissa Anderson

Anonymous at: August 24, 2013 at 12:36 PM said...

I see you have a concert poster underneath your cds. Could you tell me what dates are advertised on it?
Thanks.
---john D.

Unknown at: August 28, 2013 at 12:04 PM said...

The poster has Friday 11 May 2012 on it :)

Anonymous at: August 30, 2013 at 12:45 PM said...

Thanks for the info on the date of the poster. Could you post a clear picture of it for me by chance??
I collect this type of Prince poster and would like to at least add the picture of it for my "want list" computer file.
Sincerely,
John D.

Unknown at: August 30, 2013 at 9:35 PM said...

Sure, might be easier to email you a copy? Please leave your details and I can send you some pics.

Anonymous at: May 8, 2014 at 10:57 AM said...

hi,i've see Prince two times in concert in 1992 and 1993 in Paris Bercy, and it was amazing and great,He is definitively the best performer in the world and his shows are famous for that.
Happy to see an great fan like you

Nicolas from France

Unknown at: May 9, 2014 at 10:55 AM said...

Hi Nicolas, it's always great to 'meet' another Prince fan, and totally agree that his concerts are AMAZING!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post