going back to my 2014 album...



0 comments
Although this year's album is very up to date, I still have a lot of blank spaces to fill in my 2014 album and am trying to work my way through these which is why I went all the way back to October to create a layout for the PLJunkies blog.


I faced a few challenges when working out how to put these pages together -  the first being that I didn't really have enough photos to fill a double spread using my weekly format and the second being that there are no people featured in any of the photos I had from this time. 


To tackle the issue of not having enough photos I simply condensed what I had and documented two separate weeks onto one spread. I made the pages flow together by repeating the same colours and elements across both pages using a mix of Simple Stories goodies that was featured in the first kit from the PLJunkies Kit Club and I really liked the way the red, blue, green and yellow combo worked with my random mix of photos.



The lack of people featured in the photos, which usually help to determine the mood of the pics, didn't meant that the events from this week should not be documented. I used a mix of little word tags and embellishments to set the mood in each of the photos, while also helping to visually tie all the pockets in together across both pages. 



Journaling onto vellum and adding a few embellies directly over one of the photos helped to set the tone for the weather photos, and adding memorabilia such as a simple business card also helped to establish what was happening in the photo. 


Thanks for stopping by xx



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post