project life week 2...



4 comments
I had a bit of a light bulb moment a couple of weeks ago! As much as I love recording the details in my Project Life album, I noticed that this year every time I sat down to work on a new week I quickly became overwhelmed and couldn't get my pages to work. I had the photos printed and the stories ready to be told, but I just wasn't able to make it all come together. This was quite a big difference from last year where I had every week for the first 7 months of the year up to date and realised that the reason I was able to keep up to date because I was using kits!  

When I say kits, they don't necessarily have to be bought from a kit club or a particular company (although this will make it easier) - they can also be one that you put together from your own supplies (I'm sure you have enough of them!) but having a kit to work with eliminates the need to spend hours searching through your stash to find the right cards, then spending more time trying to find embellies to match. When you have a specific set of products in front of you, putting your pages together is so much easier. 

So now that I had figured out what was keeping me from staying up to date, naturally I jumped at the opportunity to play with a fabulous range of goodies from the Stampin' Up! Memories in the Making Project Life collection. 


The colours and designs in this range are simply gorgeous and I loved that not only do they include an awesome range of multi sized cards and cute accent pieces, but there is also a great range of coordinating stamps an dies too. 


Here's a look at how I used these products to document week two of my 2016 album. I'll add links to all the products I have used at the end of my post. 


For the top card, I used the alpha stickers directly over my photo, and added typed journaling with the help of one of the label dies. I used a mix of different stamps to add some extra detail to a few of the cards and photos and particularity liked the days of the week stamps from the 'Moments like These' stamp set, which I have used across both pages. 


I once again used the label die to create a place for my journaling over this photo, finished off with some hand stitching and cute enamel shapes from the accessory kit. 



The tiny number stamps were great for breaking up some of the journaling, and used one of the 'Paper Clip' dies and a variety of stickers to add some fun detail to the rain pic. 





Moving onto the second part of the week, this time using a 'Design 03' page protector from the variety pack. 


I added more stamped detail onto the journal cards, along with some wood veneer accents and gold foil stickers over a few of the photos.



The dye based ink pads were great for adding a hint of colour to the watercolour die-cuts from the accessory pack. I used a wet water brush to pick up some colour directly from the Tempting Turquiose ink pad and lightly coloured over the die cut for a soft water colour look.  



 In addition to the card and accessory kits, I also used the following polymer stamp sets -
'Variety Pack' Project Life Page Protectors.

 Thanks for stopping by xx  





4 comments:

Moonie at: February 23, 2016 at 7:15 PM said...

love it all Ags... love the stitching you have done.. so neat and straight . and hahhhahahhahahha.. now you know why I am so slow at my PL lol

Val-Belle at: February 24, 2016 at 7:27 PM said...

Great ideas... because we struggle to get kits here - it doesn't seem to be as big here as overseas and it is so expensive I was trying to do my own pages and I think you are right. That is also where I struggle. I have so much stuff and I don't know where to begin to get everything that matches. I am going to give this a try thanks for sharing.

joelsgirl at: February 24, 2016 at 7:36 PM said...

Love your pages! I'm going to be hanging around seeing all the pretty things you make!

creativeJax at: February 25, 2016 at 1:07 PM said...

Simply stunning! This is one of my favourite kits - love the colours!

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to let me know what you think xx

newer post older post